Each box of Art Rocks packages portable protest so that if California State legislators once again reduce state services and give money back to the wealthy, your voice can be heard loud and clear.
Jeff Foye and Gordon Winiemko create situations wherein an audience will reflect on their participatory role in the ever-changing cultural narrative; every one of us contributes to our collective culture, but at the same time we are all defined by culture. As such, their work frequently “takes on” the form of familiar social customs and iconography, and also enters into a dialogue with the site or the context in which the work is exhibited. The artists also forward their personae, and frequently mediate their performative actions through video, as informed by the cinematic aesthetic. The artists live and work in the Los Angeles area. jeffandgordon.net
The Shadowshopper is a partial catalog of over 200 Bay Area artist's wares for sale at Shadowshop, a temporary retail project by Stephanie Syjuco embedded in SFMOMA's fifth floor galleries. 100% of all sales go directly to the artist-producer. Support local creative capital!
3/14 UPDATES!Time is running out to visit Shadowshop! We officially shutter our doors forever on May 1, 2011. Only open for just over five months, we were always meant to be temporary. Join us to see hot new inventory from local Bay Area artists, and save the date of April 28 for our "FINAL DAYS" closing event party!
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 8pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5pm
*closed for 1/2 hour every day for lunchbreak anytime from 1-2pm
i’m looking for:
- SHADOWSHOP FINAL DAYS Closing Event! April 28
- MARCH RESIDENT ARTIST: Juan Luna-Avin: black markets and media bootlegs!
- alena rudolph: potluck pals
- laura splan: mirror mirror
- jeff foye + gordon winiemko
- imin yeh: authentic handcarved woodblocks
- gabrielle teschner: make nation
- charlene tan: happymeal
- art for a democratic society: iraq war activity book
- matthew rana & rick butler: the autobiography of ernest patrick butler
- alison pebworth: occular recovery packet
- marci washington: dark mirror zine
- art for a democratic society: if you give a gay mouse a cookie
- hilary pecis: cut & paste (paper dolls)
- art for a democratic society: letters from an old sell-out
- FEBRUARY RESIDENT ARTIST IMIN YEH and the NIANHUA WORKSHOP!
- alison pebworth: vintage roadside show & tell patches
- nathan lynch: respect yourself
- robert larkin: baldessaring baldessari
- kelly lynn jones: a mediated living box
- justin hoover: 100 performances for the hole
- terry hoff: fu & iou
- teri claude: drag dollars
- art for a democratic society: community consensus manifesto
- art for a democratic society: ultimate manifesto set