Each box holds one muslin arch measuring 30” wide. It is made to be portable, accompanying its traveler from one doorway to the next, cutting the space beyond it in precisely the same way as every location before it. There is an opening at the top for a tension rod installed in the doorjamb, or it can be easily tacked to the top of a doorway frame. The shape is architecturally accurate to Iranian masonry plans.
Gabrielle Teschner is an artist living and working in the Bay Area from coastal Virginia. She received her BFA in Sculpture from Virginia Commonwealth University, and her MFA in Sculpture from California College of the Arts. Much of her research is performed abroad. She works with maps, cultural architecture, and instructional texts on geometry, timepieces, and machine technology, illustrating the persistent mystery of our discoveries, and the stilling properties of the unknown.
The Shadowshopper is a partial catalog of over 200 Bay Area artist's wares for sale at Shadowshop, a temporary retail project by Stephanie Syjuco embedded in SFMOMA's fifth floor galleries. 100% of all sales go directly to the artist-producer. Support local creative capital!
3/14 UPDATES!Time is running out to visit Shadowshop! We officially shutter our doors forever on May 1, 2011. Only open for just over five months, we were always meant to be temporary. Join us to see hot new inventory from local Bay Area artists, and save the date of April 28 for our "FINAL DAYS" closing event party!
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 8pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5pm
*closed for 1/2 hour every day for lunchbreak anytime from 1-2pm
i’m looking for:
- SHADOWSHOP FINAL DAYS Closing Event! April 28
- MARCH RESIDENT ARTIST: Juan Luna-Avin: black markets and media bootlegs!
- alena rudolph: potluck pals
- laura splan: mirror mirror
- jeff foye + gordon winiemko
- imin yeh: authentic handcarved woodblocks
- gabrielle teschner: make nation
- charlene tan: happymeal
- art for a democratic society: iraq war activity book
- matthew rana & rick butler: the autobiography of ernest patrick butler
- alison pebworth: occular recovery packet
- marci washington: dark mirror zine
- art for a democratic society: if you give a gay mouse a cookie
- hilary pecis: cut & paste (paper dolls)
- art for a democratic society: letters from an old sell-out
- FEBRUARY RESIDENT ARTIST IMIN YEH and the NIANHUA WORKSHOP!
- alison pebworth: vintage roadside show & tell patches
- nathan lynch: respect yourself
- robert larkin: baldessaring baldessari
- kelly lynn jones: a mediated living box
- justin hoover: 100 performances for the hole
- terry hoff: fu & iou
- teri claude: drag dollars
- art for a democratic society: community consensus manifesto
- art for a democratic society: ultimate manifesto set