Blurring the boundaries between what we call natural and artificial, Inaoka’s work embellishes the way we manipulate nature, while life on Earth tries to adapt. Misako Inaoka, born in Kyoto, Japan, has received BFA in printmaking ’01 from RISD (Rhode School of Design), and MFA ’06 from Mills College, CA. She works with mixed media in sculpture and site-specific installation, based in San Francisco, CA. Her work has been shown in Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, de Young Museum, de Saisset Museum, San Jose ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts), Stephen Wirtz Gallery, Johansson Projects, as well as galleries in New York, Seattle, and Texas, in Japan, England, China and Italy. She is a recipient of National Endowment of Arts for MacDowell Colony residency, S & R Foundation’s Washington Award, and has been an artist residency at the Headlands Center for the Art, De Young Museum, MacDowell Colony, Montalvo Art Center, and Vermont Studio Center. www.misakoinaoka.com
The Shadowshopper is a partial catalog of over 200 Bay Area artist's wares for sale at Shadowshop, a temporary retail project by Stephanie Syjuco embedded in SFMOMA's fifth floor galleries. 100% of all sales go directly to the artist-producer. Support local creative capital!
3/14 UPDATES!Time is running out to visit Shadowshop! We officially shutter our doors forever on May 1, 2011. Only open for just over five months, we were always meant to be temporary. Join us to see hot new inventory from local Bay Area artists, and save the date of April 28 for our "FINAL DAYS" closing event party!
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 8pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5pm
*closed for 1/2 hour every day for lunchbreak anytime from 1-2pm
i’m looking for:
- SHADOWSHOP FINAL DAYS Closing Event! April 28
- MARCH RESIDENT ARTIST: Juan Luna-Avin: black markets and media bootlegs!
- alena rudolph: potluck pals
- laura splan: mirror mirror
- jeff foye + gordon winiemko
- imin yeh: authentic handcarved woodblocks
- gabrielle teschner: make nation
- charlene tan: happymeal
- art for a democratic society: iraq war activity book
- matthew rana & rick butler: the autobiography of ernest patrick butler
- alison pebworth: occular recovery packet
- marci washington: dark mirror zine
- art for a democratic society: if you give a gay mouse a cookie
- hilary pecis: cut & paste (paper dolls)
- art for a democratic society: letters from an old sell-out
- FEBRUARY RESIDENT ARTIST IMIN YEH and the NIANHUA WORKSHOP!
- alison pebworth: vintage roadside show & tell patches
- nathan lynch: respect yourself
- robert larkin: baldessaring baldessari
- kelly lynn jones: a mediated living box
- justin hoover: 100 performances for the hole
- terry hoff: fu & iou
- teri claude: drag dollars
- art for a democratic society: community consensus manifesto
- art for a democratic society: ultimate manifesto set