Replicas of West Elm’s popular home furnishing “eco décor” recreated from cardboard, duct tape and paint. Eco friendly home décor offers pure and natural style to the contemporary home – even when it’s made from recycled cardboard.
Lauren Davies is a San Francisco artist whose mixed media work explores our often-troubled relationship to the natural world. Her projects have ranged from commentaries on the ironic artifice of natural history museum displays and diorama presentations to dog breeding, the reconstruction of icebergs and the absurdity of correspondence course taxidermy, The unifying element found in her eclectic projects is an obsessive use of sad sack materials and an underlying dark humor. Lauren received her BFA and MFA in sculpture from the San Francisco Art Institute. Her mixed media installations and drawings have been presented in the Bay Area at The Oakland Museum, The Exploratorium, De Saisset Museum, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, The Intersection and U.C. Davis/Nelson Gallery, Gallery 16 and ampersand international arts. She has had been an artist-in-residence at the California Academy of Sciences, Djerassi Resident Artists Program and The Lab. Lauren’s work has been reviewed in Art in America, The New York Times, SF Chronicle, Art Papers, Bark, Art Ltd. and ArtWeek.
The Shadowshopper is a partial catalog of over 200 Bay Area artist's wares for sale at Shadowshop, a temporary retail project by Stephanie Syjuco embedded in SFMOMA's fifth floor galleries. 100% of all sales go directly to the artist-producer. Support local creative capital!
3/14 UPDATES!Time is running out to visit Shadowshop! We officially shutter our doors forever on May 1, 2011. Only open for just over five months, we were always meant to be temporary. Join us to see hot new inventory from local Bay Area artists, and save the date of April 28 for our "FINAL DAYS" closing event party!
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 8pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5pm
*closed for 1/2 hour every day for lunchbreak anytime from 1-2pm
i’m looking for:
- SHADOWSHOP FINAL DAYS Closing Event! April 28
- MARCH RESIDENT ARTIST: Juan Luna-Avin: black markets and media bootlegs!
- alena rudolph: potluck pals
- laura splan: mirror mirror
- jeff foye + gordon winiemko
- imin yeh: authentic handcarved woodblocks
- gabrielle teschner: make nation
- charlene tan: happymeal
- art for a democratic society: iraq war activity book
- matthew rana & rick butler: the autobiography of ernest patrick butler
- alison pebworth: occular recovery packet
- marci washington: dark mirror zine
- art for a democratic society: if you give a gay mouse a cookie
- hilary pecis: cut & paste (paper dolls)
- art for a democratic society: letters from an old sell-out
- FEBRUARY RESIDENT ARTIST IMIN YEH and the NIANHUA WORKSHOP!
- alison pebworth: vintage roadside show & tell patches
- nathan lynch: respect yourself
- robert larkin: baldessaring baldessari
- kelly lynn jones: a mediated living box
- justin hoover: 100 performances for the hole
- terry hoff: fu & iou
- teri claude: drag dollars
- art for a democratic society: community consensus manifesto
- art for a democratic society: ultimate manifesto set